About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Degrees Held: Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, 1980; M.A. Economics, California State University - Fullerton, 1975; B.S. Industrial Engineering, Northwestern University, 1972
- Areas: Operations Management; Operations Research
- LOG OM 3320 - Introduction to Operations Management
- LOG OM 5320 - Production and Operations Management
- LOG OM 5322 - Lean Production in Manufacturing and Service Operations
- LOG OM 5325 - Environmental Sustainability and Business Operations
- Areas: Location Analysis, Lean Production in Service Systems, Environmental Aspects of Operations
- Selected Significant Publications:
- A.P. Hurter and J.S. Martinich, Facility Location and the Theory of Production, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1989.
- J.S. Martinich, Production and operations Management: An Applied Modern Approach, John Wiley, New York, 1997.
Articles in Print
- J.S. Martinich, "College Football Rankings: Do the Computers Know Best?" Interfaces 32(5) (2002) 85-94. (Reprinted in ORMS Tomorrow 5, (Spring, 2003)).
- J.S. Martinich, "The Critical Few Minutes in Scheduling Time-Varying Queuing Systems, Decision Sciences 33 (2002) 415-431.
- M.A. Millstein and J.S. Martinich, “Takt Time Grouping: Implementing Kanban-Flow Manufacturing in an Unbalanced, High Variation Cycle-Time Process with Moving Constraints,” International Journal of Production Research (2014).
Published Technical Reports/Monographs
- J.S. Martinich, Lee Fox, Alan Hauff, and Anand Jeyaraj, Recycling Means Business: St. Louis Metropolitan Area Recycling Economic Information Study (SLMAREIS), St. Louis - Jefferson Solid Waste District, 2003, 98 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, "Estimated Government Revenue Effects of Recycling, Reuse, and Re-Manufacturing (RRR) Businesses in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area," St. Louis - Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, December 30, 2003, 6 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, "Analysis of Student Retention Data and Recommendations, University of Missouri - St. Louis, June 1, 2004, 51 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, "Recycling, Reuse, and Re-Manufacturing in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area: An Update of the SLMAREIS," St. Louis - Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, March 22, 2006, 34 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, "Recycling, Reuse, and Re-Manufacturing in Missouri: An Update of the MOREIS," St. Louis - Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, May 28, 2006, 33 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, “Economic Impact Analysis of the St. Louis-Jefferson SWMD Waste Reduction and Recycling Grant Program,” St. Louis-Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, October 31, 2008, 44 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, “Recycling, Reuse, and Re-Manufacturing in Missouri: an Update of MOREIS2006,” St. Louis-Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, August, 2011, 31 pages.
- J.S. Martinich, “Survey, Summary, and Analysis of Landfill Tipping Fees and Recycling/Waste Diversion Grants and Assistance Programs in Midwest and Neighboring States,” St. Louis-Jefferson Solid Waste Management District, August, 2012, 23 pages
- Member, UM System Retirement and Staff Benefits Committee
- Editorial Board, Journal of Managerial Issues