Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1987
M.S. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1983
B.S. (Systems Science & Mathematics), Washington University, 1981
- Areas: Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Management Science, Operations Research
- LOGOM 3320: Introduction to Operations Management
- LOGOM 4330: Business Logistics Systems
- LOGOM 6330: Business Logistics Systems
- LOGOM 6350: Management Science Methods
- LOGOM 7390: Research Seminar in LSCM
- LOGOM 7393: Doctoral Seminar: Continuous Approximation Modeling & Location Analysis
- Areas: Mathematical modeling of logistics and transportation systems, facility location
- Selected Recent Publications:
- “Multiple Allocation Hub Location Model with Fixed Arc Costs", Geographical Analysis, 2014.
- “Modeling Mixed Load School Bus Routing”, in H-J. Sebastian, P. Kaminsky, T. Muller (eds.) Quantitative Approaches in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Lecture Notes in Logistics, Springer, to appear 2014.
- “A Stackelberg Hub Arc Location Model for a Competitive Environment”, Computers & Operations Research 47, 27-41, 2014.
- "Impact of Shipper’s Choice on Transportation System Congestion and Performance: Integrating Random Utility with Simulation”, Transportation Journal 53(2), 143-179, 2014.
- “Environmental Performance – Impacts of Vendor-buyer Coordination”, International Journal of Production Economics 145, 683-695, 2013.
- “A Continuous Approximation Model for Time Definite Many-to-Many Transportation”, Transportation Research Part B 54, 100-112, 2013.
- “Twenty-Five Years of Hub Location Research”, Transportation Science 46 (2), 153-169, 2012.
- "Teaching Supply Chain and Logistics Management Through Commercial Software", International Journal of Logistics Management 21, 293-308, 2010.
- "Hub Location for Time Definite Transportation", Computers & Operations Research, 36, 3107-3116, 2009.
- "Simulation of Alternative Approaches to Relieving Congestion at Locks in a River Transportation System", Journal of the Operational Research Society 60, 519-533, 2009.
- "The Sector Design and Assignment Problem for Snow Disposal Operations", European Journal of Operational Research 189, 508-525, 2008.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design. Part III: Vehicle Routing and Depot Location for Spreading", Computers & Operations Research 34, 211-257, 2007.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design: Part IV: Vehicle Routing and Fleet Sizing for Plowing and Snow Disposal", Computers & Operations Research 34, 258-294, 2007.
- "Modeling Net Rates for Expedited Freight Services", Transportation Research E, 192-207, 2007.
- Associate Editor, Transportation Science
- Associate Editor, OMEGA
- Editorial Advisory Board, Transportation Research, Journal of Revenue Management
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Logistics
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, Melbourne, Australia, 2000