College of Business Administration
James F. Campbell
James F. Campbell
Professor of Management Science and Information Systems
Office: 208 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-6125
Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1987
M.S. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1983
B.S. (Systems Science & Mathematics), Washington University, 1981
- Areas: Logistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Geographic Information Systems
- BA 3320 - Introduction to Operations Management
- BA 4330 - Business Logistics Systems
- LOM 6330 - Business Logistics Systems
- LOM 6350 - Management Science Methods
- LOM 7393 - Doctoral Seminar: Continuous Approximation Modeling & Location Analysis
- Areas: Mathematical modeling of logistics and transportation systems, facility location
- Selected Recent Publications:
- "Optimal Arrangements for Assembling a Network in an Emergency", Proceedings of the 44th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-44), IEEE Computer Society, January 2011.
- "Teaching Supply Chain and Logistics Management Through Commercial Software", International Journal of Logistics Management 21, 293-308, 2010.
- "Hub Location for Time Definite Transportation", Computers & Operations Research, 36, 3107-3116, 2009.
- "Simulation of Alternative Approaches to Relieving Congestion at Locks in a River Transportation System", Journal of the Operational Research Society 60, 519-533, 2009.
- "A Robust Strategy for Managing Congestion at Locks on the Upper Mississippi River", Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-42), IEEE Computer Society, January 2009.
- "Hub Arc Location with Competition", Nanzan-TR-2009-02, Technical Report of the Nanzan Academic Society, Japan, 2009.
- "The Sector Design and Assignment Problem for Snow Disposal Operations", European Journal of Operational Research 189, 508-525, 2008.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design. Part III: Vehicle Routing and Depot Location for Spreading", Computers & Operations Research 34, 211-257, 2007.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design: Part IV: Vehicle Routing and Fleet Sizing for Plowing and Snow Disposal", Computers & Operations Research 34, 258-294, 2007.
- "Modeling Net Rates for Expedited Freight Services", Transportation Research E, 192-207, 2007.
- "Decision Tools for Reducing Congestion at Locks on the Upper Mississippi River" (with L. Douglas Smith, Donald Sweeney II, Ray Mundy and Robert Nauss), Proceedings of the Fortieth Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2007.
- "Hub Arc Location Problems: Part I - Introduction and Results" (with Andreas Ernst and Mohan Krishnamoorthy), Management Science 51, 1540-1555, 2005.
- "Hub Arc Location Problems: Part II - Formulations and Optimal Algorithms" (with Andreas Ernst and Mohan Krishnamoorthy), Management Science 51, 1556-1571, 2005.
- "The Network of Logistics Decisions" (with Diane Riopel and Andre Langevin), in A. Langevin and D. Riopel (eds.). Logistics Systems: Design and Optimization, Springer, New York , 1-38, 2005.
- Associate Editor, OMEGA
- Editorial Advisory Board, Transportation Research, Journal of Revenue Management
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Logistics
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, Melbourne, Australia, 2000