About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
Executive Leadership Consortium
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Salute to Business Achievement Awards 2015
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1987
M.S. (Industrial Engineering & Operations Research), University of California, Berkeley, 1983
B.S. (Systems Science & Mathematics), Washington University, 1981
- Areas: Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Management Science, Operations Research
- LOGOM 3320: Introduction to Operations Management
- LOGOM 4330: Business Logistics Systems
- LOGOM 6330: Business Logistics Systems
- LOGOM 6350: Management Science Methods
- LOGOM 7390: Research Seminar in LSCM
- LOGOM 7393: Doctoral Seminar: Continuous Approximation Modeling & Location Analysis
- Areas: Mathematical modeling of logistics and transportation systems, facility location
- Selected Recent Publications:
- “Multiple Allocation Hub Location Model with Fixed Arc Costs", Geographical Analysis, 2014.
- “Modeling Mixed Load School Bus Routing”, in H-J. Sebastian, P. Kaminsky, T. Muller (eds.) Quantitative Approaches in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Lecture Notes in Logistics, Springer, to appear 2014.
- “A Stackelberg Hub Arc Location Model for a Competitive Environment”, Computers & Operations Research 47, 27-41, 2014.
- "Impact of Shipper’s Choice on Transportation System Congestion and Performance: Integrating Random Utility with Simulation”, Transportation Journal 53(2), 143-179, 2014.
- “Environmental Performance – Impacts of Vendor-buyer Coordination”, International Journal of Production Economics 145, 683-695, 2013.
- “A Continuous Approximation Model for Time Definite Many-to-Many Transportation”, Transportation Research Part B 54, 100-112, 2013.
- “Twenty-Five Years of Hub Location Research”, Transportation Science 46 (2), 153-169, 2012.
- "Teaching Supply Chain and Logistics Management Through Commercial Software", International Journal of Logistics Management 21, 293-308, 2010.
- "Hub Location for Time Definite Transportation", Computers & Operations Research, 36, 3107-3116, 2009.
- "Simulation of Alternative Approaches to Relieving Congestion at Locks in a River Transportation System", Journal of the Operational Research Society 60, 519-533, 2009.
- "The Sector Design and Assignment Problem for Snow Disposal Operations", European Journal of Operational Research 189, 508-525, 2008.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design. Part III: Vehicle Routing and Depot Location for Spreading", Computers & Operations Research 34, 211-257, 2007.
- "A Survey of Models and Algorithms for Winter Road Maintenance System Design: Part IV: Vehicle Routing and Fleet Sizing for Plowing and Snow Disposal", Computers & Operations Research 34, 258-294, 2007.
- "Modeling Net Rates for Expedited Freight Services", Transportation Research E, 192-207, 2007.
- Associate Editor, Transportation Science
- Associate Editor, OMEGA
- Editorial Advisory Board, Transportation Research, Journal of Revenue Management
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Logistics
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, Melbourne, Australia, 2000