About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Executive & Professional Studies
SHRM Certification Prep
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Professor of Management Information Systems
Office: 226 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-6281
E-Mail: vicki.sauter At umsl.edu
Ph.D. Systems Management Science, Northwestern University, 1980
MS Systems, Northwestern University, 1977
B.S. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, 1975
- Areas: BI, DSS, Systems Analysis, Forecasting, General MIS
- INF SYS 3810 - Information Systems Analysis
- INF SYS 3843 - Decision Support for Business Intelligence
- LOG OM 4312 - Business Forecasting
- INF SYS 5800 - Information Systems
- INF SYS 6840 - Information Systems Analysis
- INF SYS 6833 - Decision Support Systems for Business Intelligence
- Areas: Business Intelligence, Decision Support Systems, International IS
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Sauter, V.L. and R. Frese, “Improving your Odds for Software Project Success,” IEEE Engineering Management Review, 42(4), December, 2014.
- Sauter, V.L., "The Absence of Gender Differences Among Students in an MIS Program," Communications of the AIS, 31(4), December, 2012.
- Sauter, V.L., Decision Support Systems for Business Intelligence, New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2011.
- Sauter, V.L., Mudigonda, S., Subramanian, A., and Creely, R., "Visualization-Based Decision Support Systems: An Example of Regional Relationship Data," International Journal of Decision Support Systems Technology, 3(1), 2011.
- Sauter, V.L., "Information Technology Adoption by Groups Across Time," International Journal of e-Collaboration, 4(3), July-September, 2008, p. 51-76.
- Host H.H., Bourey A.T., Tatko B,and Sauter V.L. "Adherence To Home Exercise Programs In Outpatient Physical Therapy," J Orthop Sports Phys Therapy, 39(1), 2009, p. A13-A38.
- Sauter, V.L., "Competitive Decision Support Systems," Handbook on Decision Support Systems, Springer-Verlag's International Handbook on Information Systems, (Frada Burstein and Clyde W. Holsapple, eds.), 2007.
- Sauter, V.L., "Women in Computing: A New Look," Under Review by Communications of the AIS, 2008.
- Jeyaraj, A., and Sauter, V.L., "Experienced vs. Novice use of Diagramming Tools," Communications of the ACM, 14(3), May/June, 2007.
- Sauter, V.L. and D. Free, "Competitive Intelligence Systems: Qualitative DSS for Strategic Decision Making," The Database for Advances in Information Systems,36(2), Spring, 2005, p.43-57.
- Sauter, V.L. and L.A. Madeo, "User-Acquainted Diagnostic Support Systems," International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making, 3(3), September, 2004.
- Sauter, V.L., "Web Design Studio: A Preliminary Experiment in Facilitating Faculty Use of the Web," Web Based Education: Learning from Experience, A. K. Aggarwal (ed.), January, 2003.
- Sauter, V.L., "Intuitive Decision Making and its DSS Requirements," Communications of the ACM, 1997, 42(6), June, 1999, p. 109-115.
- Subramanian, A., Sauter, V. & Janson, M., "MIS Research at UM-St. Louis," International Journal of Information Management, 1997.
- Sauter, V.L., Decision Support Systems, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
- Sauter, V.L., "A Cross-Cultural Comparison of Modeling and Model Management Needs in a Decision Support System," Global Issues of Information Technology Management, S. Palvia, P. Palvia and R.M. Zigli (eds.), Harrisburg, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 1992, 322-355.
- Sauter, V.L. & Joshi, K., "An analysis of Issues Affecting the Establishment of Computer Companies from Developing Nations in the World Computer Market," International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 3(2), Dec. 1992, 143-160.
- Director of Xtreme IT!
- Fellow, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- WORMS Award for the Advancement of Women in the ORMS Field
- Faculty Fellow, UMSL Mind Trek Laboratory
- Director, Advanced Information Systems Laboratory
- Faculty Liaison, IS Advisory Board
- Curator, Grace’s Place: An Information Technology Museum
- Service Learning Fellow, UMSL Center for Teaching at Learning
- My home page: http://www.umsl.edu/~sauter/