About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Office: 207 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-5846
Degrees Held: BS Engineering - Hogere Technische School, Holland
BS Business - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1975
MS Biostatistics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1977
Ph.D. Management Science/Information Systems, 1982
- Areas: Information Systems Analysis, International & Social Aspects of Information Systems
- BA 1800 - Computers and Information Systems
- BA 3805 - COBOL Programming
- BA 3810 - Information Systems Analysis
- IS 6892 - Seminar in Current Management Information System Topics
- IS 6800 - Management Information Systems
- IS 6807 - Business Programming and File Systems
- IS 6825 - Management Information Systems: Theory and Practice
- Areas: Systems Analysis and Design, International IS Issues, Management of IS
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, & Janson, M., "The Rationalization of Organizational Life: The Role of Information Systems," presentation at the Information Systems Development Conference, Riga, Latvia, Sept. 10-12, 2002.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, Janson, M., & Brown, A., "The Rationality Framework for a Critical Study of Information Systems," Journal of Information Techonology, 2002.
- Iivari, J., & Janson, M., "Analysis of Electronic Commerce Adopter Categories in Retailing: The Case of Automobile Dealerships," Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 2002.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, Janson, M., & Brown, A., "Information Systems and Organizational Rationalization: Outline of a New Direction in Information Systems Research," Proceedings of the European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies, Dan Remenyi, (ed.), Reading University, United Kingdom, April 29-30, 2002.
- Janson, M., Cecez-Kecmanovic, D., and Brown, A., "Information Systems Development: A Study in Communicative Action," Proceedings of the International Workshop on Critical Research in Information Systems, University of Salford, UK, July 9-10, 2001.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D., & Janson, M. "Electronic Discourses and Rationalization of Organizations," Proceedings of the Seventh Americas Conference on Information Systems, Diane Strong, and Detmar (eds.), Boston, MA, Aug. 2-5, 2001, 2127-2132.
- Iivari, J., & Janson, M., "Learning to Live with an Evolving Innovation," IFIP TC8 Conference, Salzburg, Austria, June 22-23, 2001.
- Associate Editor, Information Systems and Operational Research
- Fellow, Center for International Studies
- Instructional Committee, Chair