College of Business Administration
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Office: 207 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-5846
Degrees Held: BS Engineering - Hogere Technische School, Holland
BS Business - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1975
MS Biostatistics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1977
Ph.D. Management Science/Information Systems, 1982
- Areas: Information Systems Analysis, International & Social Aspects of Information Systems
- BA 1800 - Computers and Information Systems
- BA 3805 - COBOL Programming
- BA 3810 - Information Systems Analysis
- IS 6892 - Seminar in Current Management Information System Topics
- IS 6800 - Management Information Systems
- IS 6807 - Business Programming and File Systems
- IS 6825 - Management Information Systems: Theory and Practice
- Areas: Systems Analysis and Design, International IS Issues, Management of IS
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, & Janson, M., "The Rationalization of Organizational Life: The Role of Information Systems," presentation at the Information Systems Development Conference, Riga, Latvia, Sept. 10-12, 2002.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, Janson, M., & Brown, A., "The Rationality Framework for a Critical Study of Information Systems," Journal of Information Techonology, 2002.
- Iivari, J., & Janson, M., "Analysis of Electronic Commerce Adopter Categories in Retailing: The Case of Automobile Dealerships," Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 2002.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D, Janson, M., & Brown, A., "Information Systems and Organizational Rationalization: Outline of a New Direction in Information Systems Research," Proceedings of the European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies, Dan Remenyi, (ed.), Reading University, United Kingdom, April 29-30, 2002.
- Janson, M., Cecez-Kecmanovic, D., and Brown, A., "Information Systems Development: A Study in Communicative Action," Proceedings of the International Workshop on Critical Research in Information Systems, University of Salford, UK, July 9-10, 2001.
- Cecez-Kecmanovic, D., & Janson, M. "Electronic Discourses and Rationalization of Organizations," Proceedings of the Seventh Americas Conference on Information Systems, Diane Strong, and Detmar (eds.), Boston, MA, Aug. 2-5, 2001, 2127-2132.
- Iivari, J., & Janson, M., "Learning to Live with an Evolving Innovation," IFIP TC8 Conference, Salzburg, Austria, June 22-23, 2001.
- Associate Editor, Information Systems and Operational Research
- Fellow, Center for International Studies
- Instructional Committee, Chair