College of Business Administration
Associate Professor of Information Systems
Office: 217 Express Scripts Hall - Voice: 314-516-7354
Ph.D. (Business Administration), University of Kentucky, 2000
M.S. (Electrical Engineering), Purdue University, 1994
B.S. (Honors - Electronics Engineering), University of Bombay, 1991
- Areas: Management Information Systems; Business Programming
- IS 6800 - Management Information Systems
- IS 6805 - Applications of Programming for Business Solutions
- BA 3844 - End-User Computing for Business Applications
- Areas: IS Planning; Electronic Business
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Lederer, Albert, Dinesh Mirchandani, and Kenneth Sims. "The Search for Strategic Advantage from the World Wide Web." International Journal of Electronic Commerce 5.4 (2001): 117-33.
- Lederer, Albert, Dinesh Mirchandani, and Kenneth Sims. "The Link Between Information Strategy and Electronic Commerce." Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce 7.1 (1997): 17-34.
- Lederer, Albert, Dinesh Mirchandani, and Kenneth Sims. "Using WISs to Enhance Competitiveness." Communications of the ACM 44 (1998): 94-95.
- Lee, Kyootai, Dinesh Mirchandani, and Xinde Zhang. "An Investigation on the Institutionalization of Commercial Websites." The Database for Advances in Information Systems 41 (2010): 70-88.
- Mirchandani, Dinesh, and Albert Lederer. "Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM)." Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM) 18.3 (2010): 1-34.
- Mirchandani, Dinesh, and Albert Lederer. "The impact of autonomy on information systems planning effectiveness." Omega: The International Journal of Management Science 36 (2008): 789-807.
- Mirchandani, Dinesh, and Lederer Albert. "IS Planning Autonomy in U.S. Subsidiaries of Multinational Firms." Information & Management 41 (2004): 1021-036.
- Mirchandani, Dinesh, and Ramakrishnan Pakath. "Four Models for a Decision Support System." Information and Management 35.1 (1999): 31-42. Print.
- Motwani, Jaideep, Dinesh Mirchandani, M. Madan, and A. Gunasekaran. "Successful Implementation of ERP Projects: Evidence from Two Case Studies." International Journal of Production Economics, Special Issue on Information Technology/Information Systems in 21st Century Manufacturing 75 (2002): 83-96.
- Member of Association for Information Systems, Decision Sciences Institute and Eta Kappa Nu (Honor Society for Electrical Engineers).
- Received the Sturgill Student Development Council Award for Leadership and Service at the University of Kentucky in 1997.
- Faculty Advisor for the Information Systems Programming Club (http://www.umsl.edu/studentlife/misclub/)