G. D'Anne Weise
G. D'Anne Weise
Associate Professor of Finance
Office: 1103 SSB Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-6149
Ph.D. (Financial Economics), University of New Orleans, 12/1987
M.A. (Economics), University of New Orleans, 5/1987
M.B.A. (Finance), University of New Orleans, 12/1984
B.A. (Business), Colorado State University, 12/1981
- Areas: Investments, Risk Management, Corporate Finance, International Investments, International Business
- BA 3500 - Financial Management
- BA 3520 - Investments
- BA 3521 - Financial Risk Management
- BA 3582 - International Finance
- FIN 6580 - International Finance, Investment, and Commercial Relations
- FIN 6521 - Introduction to Derivatives
- Areas: Derivative Markets, International Markets, Risk Management
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Hancock, G.D., Basic Derivative Concepts, (McGraw-Hill, 2006).
- Hancock, G.D., "A Text Book Treatment of Calculating Returns on Non-Traditional Portfolios," Review of Financial Economics, Spring 2005.
- Hancock, G.D., "German Unification: Implications for European Union," Global Business and Finance Review, Spring 1996.
- Hancock, G.D. & Weise, P., "Competing Derivative Equity Instruments: Empiical Evidence on Hedge Portfolio Performance," The Journal of Futures Market, June 1994.
- Hancock, G.D., "Whatever Happened to the Triple Witching Hour?" Financial Analyst Journal, June 1993.
- Hancock, G.D., "Futures Options Expiration and Volatility in the Stock Index Futures Market," Journal of Futures Markets, 1991.
- Professional Development: Chartered Financial Analyst Program
- Faculty Advisor, Financial Management Association (1988-Present)
- Certificate of Recognition for Work with DisAbled Students (1993)
- Member of FMA, MFA , CFA Institute and GARP
- Referee for JFM, RFE, FAT and JPP