About the College
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Administrators and Staff
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Office: 1205 Tower - Voice: 314-516-6132
Ph.D. (Accounting) 1998, Indiana University
M.S.A. (Accounting) 1992, University of Missouri - Kansas City
B.M. (Music) 1977, University of Northern Colorado
- Area: financial reporting and accounting
- Areas: Financial reporting issues, Capital markets and financial analysts, properties of analysts’ forecasts
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Jelinek, K. and Stuerke, P.S., "The Nonlinear Relation Between Agency Costs and Managerial Equity Ownership: Evidence fo Decreasing Benefits fo Increasing Ownership, "International Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp 156-178. Emerald Literati Network 2010 Outstanding Paper Award winner.
- Holden, C. and Stuerke, P.S., "The Frequency of Financial Analysts' Forecast Revisions: Theory and Evidence about Determinants of Demand for Predisclosure Information," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 35, Nos. 7&8, pp 860-888.
- Stuerke, P. S., “Financial Analysts as Users of Accounting Information: Financial Analysts’ Forecast Revision Activity After Earnings Announcements,” International Journal of Managerial Finance, vol 1, no. 1, April 2005, pp 8-24. Emerald Literati Network 2006 Outstanding Paper Award winner.
- Christensen, T. E., Gaver, J., and Stuerke, P.S. “The Relation Between Investor Uncertainty and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Property-Casualty Insurance Industry,” Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, v. 32 (1&2), January-March 2005, pp 1-29.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J., and Stuerke, P.S., “Shelf-Registered Securities: Is it Time to Re-evaluate the Process?” Research in Accounting Regulation, v. 17, 2004, pp 3-24.
- Christensen, T. E., Smith, T., and Stuerke, P.S. “Public Predisclosure Information, Firm Size, Analyst Following, and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements,” Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, v. 31 (7&8), September/October 2004, pp 951-984.
- Barron, O. E., and Stuerke, P. S., “Dispersion in Analysts' Earnings Forecasts as a Measure of Uncertainty,” Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, v. 13 (3), Summer 1998, pp 245-270.
- Member: American Accounting Association
- Member: Missouri Society of CPAs Member: Beta Gamma Sigma