College of Business Administration
Office: 1202 Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-6686
Degrees Held: Ph.D. (Accounting), University of North Texas , 2005
Master of Economics, Moscow State University (Russia), 1993
- IT Auditing
- Seminar in Advanced Auditing
Judgment and decision-making in auditing, outsourcing of information systems, ethical judgment in accounting context.
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Bierstalker, J., L. Chen, M. H. Christ, M. Ege and N. M. Mintchik, 2013. “Obtaining Assurance for Financial Statement Audits and Control Audits when Aspects of the Financial Reporting Process are Outsourced” Auditing: Journal of Practice and Theory, forthcoming.
- S. Davis, R. King, and N. M. Mintchik, 2012. “Mandatory Disclosure of the Engagement Partner Identity: Potential Benefits and Unintended Consequences.” Accounting Horizons, 26 (3): 533-561.
- J. Blaskovich and N. Mintchik, 2011. “Accounting Executives and IT Outsourcing Recommendations: An Experimental Study of the Effect of CIO Skills and Institutional Isomorphism.” Journal of Information Technology, 26 (2): 139-152.
- J. Blaskovich and N. Mintchik, 2011. “Information Technology Outsourcing: A Taxonomy of Prior Studies and Directions for Future Research.” Journal of Information Systems, 25 (1), 1-36
- N. Mintchik and T. Farmer, 2009. “Associations between Epistemological Beliefs and Moral Reasoning:
- N. Mintchik “The IT productivity paradox as the evidence of the modern managerial revolution.” Presentation at Midwest AAA 2006 meeting in Chicago New Scholar session paper at AAA 2006 annual meeting in Washington, D. C.
- N. Mintchik “Is there a relationship between moral sensitivity and epistemological beliefs? Consequences for accounting education and research.” August, 2005. Forum paper at 10-th Symposium on Ethics in Accounting.
- Douglas E. Durand Award for Research Excellence of COBA faculty, Fall 2012.
- The Meritorious Service Reward by the office of Disability Access Services, UMSL, 2007.Winner of the Best Case in the 2008 IMA Carl Menconi Ethics Case Writing Competition.
- Winner of the Best Case in the 2008 IMA Carl Menconi Ethics Case Writing Competition.
- The Jane Sewell Fund Scholarship.
- The UNT Outstanding Doctoral Student in Accounting Reward, April 2004.
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow at the AAA/Deloitte & Touche/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium, June 2003.
- Degree with merit from Moscow State University.