Changes in Psychology Degree Requirements Effective Fall 2006
The following changes in the Psychology BA degree requirements will become effective for Fall 2006.
Two required courses have been added:
- Psychology 1000, Careers in Psychology (1 credit)
- Psychology 4999, Integrated Psychology (2 credits)
There are also new distribution requirements. Students must now take one course from each of the following three areas:
- Psychology 2111, Introduction to Biological Psychology
- Social and Developmental Psychology
- Psychology 2160, Social Psychology or
- Psychology 2270, Developmental Psychology: Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
- Personality and Abnormal Psychology
- Psychology 2216, Personality Theory or
- Psychology 2245, Abnormal Psychology
Although these new requirements only apply to students (transfer and first time freshmen) who are admitted to UM-St. Louis in the Fall of 2006 or after, we encourage all psychology majors to choose courses that meet these new requirements.
Psychology 4999 is a particularly important course for preparing students for the exit exam and the Graduate Record Exam Advanced Test in Psychology.