Try using our resources available to you no matter where you are! It’s a virtual toolbox to assist you in career exploration and your job and internship search.
- Career Development Checklist: Understand the career you want and the steps to make it happen while you complete your degree at UMSL.
- Career Assesment Options
- What Can I do with This Major? Connect majors to careers.
- Informational Interviewing: Discover how to talk to those employed in careers of interest to gain a “real-world” view of the world of work.
- UMSL Degree Programs
- UMSL Academic Program Information for Internships
Job Search Tips
- Resume Guidelines
- Action Verbs
- Resume Samples
- Cover Letter Guidelines
- Sample Cover Letter
- Thank You Letter Guidelines
- Thank You Letter Sample
- Veterans: Tips to De-Militarize Experience
- Interviewing Tips-Before, During & After
- Interviewing Tips-Answering Questions
- Interviewing Tips-Behavioral Interviewing
- Professional Dress: Hints for a work-appropriate wardrobe.
- Internship.com Resource Materials
- Career Webinars
- Practice Interviews
Labor Market & Salary Information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Profiles hundreds of occupations, including education and skill requirements, salary information, and job outlook projections.
- O*NET: Interactive site for exploring occupational information.
- Going Global: Professional advice and employment information for over 28 countries and 40 US cities.
- Salary Calculator: Detailed compensation guidance offered by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Library Resources: Utilize UMSL libraries to discover career and employment information.