Services Offered to UMSL Alumni
If you graduated from UMSL over two years ago, the following services are available:
- Career Coaching: Make an appointment with a Career Specialist for assistance with your job search, including resume/cover letter and interviewing skills advice. One (one-hour) career coaching appointment by a Career Specialist is available free of charge. Any subsequent appointments will have a fee of $50.00 per hour.
- Career Counseling: A career assessment package is available to alumni at a fee of $50.00. Assessment tools offered include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory. The fee includes administration, scoring and a one-hour interpretive session.
- UMSLCareerKey: This web-based software enables alumni to conduct a job search on-line 24/7. Gain access to job leads, on-campus interview opportunities and resume referrals to employers. Please note that the nature of jobs that come into a university career services office are primarily entry level, although some experienced level positions are posted as well. Registering with UMSLCareerKey would give you access to job leads and to employer contact information. To assist University of Missouri - St. Louis alumni during this difficult economic time, the Office of Career Services will not charge alumni to access the employer/job database, UMSLCareerKey (a $50 savings). In January 2009, this fee was temporarily eliminated. Currently, there is not a fee for this database.
- Major/Career Information: Visit our website to access a variety of job search related information. Click on the Occupational Outlook Handbook to get job outlook information, access "What can I do with this major?" to help connect majors with careers, review salary survey information, or link to numerous job search related links. Access to the web is free of charge.
- Workshops: Weekly workshops on Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills, and Job Search Strategies are available free of charge to UMSL alumni. Pre-registration is required for all workshops; contact Career Services for more information. Workshop participation is free of charge.
- Job Fairs: Held each semester. Admission is free to alumni who pre-register (available up until one week prior to job fair).
Note: Alumni Association Members receive a 20% discount on services
University of Missouri-St. Louis
278 Millennium Student Center
Your Key to Success!