Faculty Liaison Responsibilities
In accordance with the Missouri Department of Higher Education Guidelines, on-campus faculty in the appropriate and corresponding discipline are responsible for ensuring that dual credit course content and course requirements are comparable to on-campus courses with the same titles. In general, comparability between the dual credit course taught in the high school and the corresponding course taught on campus should be demonstrated by using an approved syllabus and similar methods of assessment that have been approved and supervised by the appropriate faculty on campus.
The following are the responsibilities of faculty liaisons at UMSL:
- Review teacher credentials and provide written determination regarding teacher qualifications to the ACP Director to be held on file in ACP office
- Provide on-campus orientation for new instructors
- Evaluate and approve course syllabi and textbook(s)
- Ensure that course content and course requirements are comparable to on-campus courses of the same title
- Evaluate assessment tools used in dual credit courses to ensure their alignment with on-campus courses
- Collect and review copies of approved course syllabi and assessment tools annually to be held on file in ACP office
- Collect and review copies of student work as evidence of college level performance to be held on file in ACP office
- Observe at least one class per teacher per year and prepare a written evaluation of the visit to be held on file in ACP office
- Offer and/or participate in on-campus faculty development activities/workshops for dual credit high school teachers
- Attend and participate in all UMSL sponsored high school dual credit activities
- Meet annually with the program director
Liaisons will be assessed on their performance in fulfilling these responsibilities as part of an annual evaluation.