About the Senate
Senate Operating Rules
UM Collected Rules and Regulations
Previous Senate Chairs
Message from the Chair
Senate Meetings and Actions
Current Meeting Documents
Current Year Agendas & Minutes
2018 - 2019 Meeting Schedule
Faculty Senate Membership
2018-2019 Senate Members
University Assembly Membership
2018-2019 University Assembly Members
Curriculum and Instruction
Intercampus Faculty Council
Senate and Assembly Committees
Senate and Assembly Archive
Proposal to Create a University Relations Advisory Committee,
An Ad Hoc Committee of the Assembly.
There shall be twelve voting members of this committee: the Vice Chancellor of University Relatins, eight faculty (representing each of the major units or divisions: Humanities, Math and Science, Social Science, Fine Arts & Communication, Education, Business, Nursing, and Optometry), one staff member, and two students (one from A&S or FA&C, and one from Education, Business, Nursing, or Optometry). The faculty members on this committee shall be nominated by the Committee on Committees and elected by the voting faculty members of the University Assembly. Student members of this committee shall be elected by voting student members of the University Assembly. The staff member on this committee shall be designated by the Staff Association. At least one voting member of this committee must be a voting member of the Faculty Senate. The committee shall be chaired by a faculty member. Voting members will serve through July 31, 2005. If any faculty, student, or staff members resigns or is otherwise unable to serve, a replacement shall be determined in the same manner as the original appointment.
Non-voting members of this committee shall include key administrators designated by the Vice Chancellor of University Relations, a representative from the Alumni Association, a representative from the Chancellor's Council, and a representative from Friends of UMSL.
The Ad Hoc University Relations Advisory Committee shall:
- Provide advice and feedback to the Vice Chancellor of University Relations and his directors regarding the university's marketing and development goals;
- Recommend policies to the Vice Chancellor of University Relations regarding the university's institutional image, brand position, marketing, development, and fundraising;
- Broadly monitor the University's marketing, branding, advertising, development, alumni, and fundraising activities;
- Periodically report to the University Assembly and the Budget and Planning Committee about these activities and suggest to the University Assembly or Budget and Planning how faculty, students, and staff can help the University reach its marketing and development goals; and
- Provide Assembly representation on working groups under the Vice Chancellor of University Relations. For instance, a faculty member from the University Relations Advisory Committee should sit on the Vice Chancellor's Marketing committee, and another should sit on the Vice Chancellor's Capital Campaign Committee (when that committee is formed)
By March 1, 2005, the Chairman of the University Relations Advisory Committee shall report to the Steering Committee on its activities, its potential value to the Assembly, and ways in which its membership or charge might be improved. The Steering Committee should then recommend to the Assembly whether to let this ad hoc committee expire, extend its authorization, or replace it with a standing committee. Reauthorization will require a vote by the Assembly.