About the Senate
Senate Operating Rules
UM Collected Rules and Regulations
Previous Senate Chairs
Message from the Chair
Senate Meetings and Actions
Current Meeting Documents
Current Year Agendas & Minutes
2018 - 2019 Meeting Schedule
Faculty Senate Membership
2018-2019 Senate Members
University Assembly Membership
2018-2019 University Assembly Members
Curriculum and Instruction
Intercampus Faculty Council
Senate and Assembly Committees
Senate and Assembly Archive
If you have any questions or comments regarding information provided on this page, please contact the Faculty Senate Office at 314-516-6769.
To create/update/change a COURSE proposal, please use the Course Inventory Management software program at the link below.
NOTE: After you have created and saved a course proposal, but BEFORE you submit your proposal, you must contact any other affected departments for "sign-offs". When you have saved the proposal, please direct the affected departments to examine and review your proposal in the Course Inventory Management program. The affected departments can sign-off by editing the proposal in the sign-off section of your proposal. (When they have signed off, they should "Save Changes" on your proposal.) After you have obtained all of the necessary sign-offs, you can "Save & Submit" your course proposal.
The Course Inventory Management software is at the following link: http://nextbulletin.umsl.edu/courseadmin/
To create/update/change a PROGRAM proposal, please use the Program Management software. If you have never used the Program Management software, or you are creating a new program, please contact Betsy Sampson (firstname.lastname@example.org, or x6810).This will ensure that common pitfalls in using the program are avoided and result in your program completing the approval process in a more timely manner.
The Program Management Software is at the following link: https://nextbulletin.umsl.edu/programadmin/
A PROGRAM CHANGE FORM for CBHE, is available here. There is a new document (Program Change Request). The Program Change Form, which should be attached to the program proposal in the Program Management Software, is required for the following circumstances:
- changing the title of a program
- combining programs
- deleting a program
- archiving a program
- adding an emphasis area to a program
- changing the title of an emphasis area
- deleting an emphasis area from a program
- adding a graduate certificate to a program
- changing the title of a graduate certificate
- adding an undergraduate certificate
- changing the title of an undergraduate certificate
For questions relating to the Program Change Form, please contact Alan Heisel at email@example.com or x5308.
Information about NEW PROGRAM FORMS (only needed for new degree programs and new stand-alone graduate certificates) is available at the following UM System link. The new program forms are not needed for new certificates, minors, or emphasis areas in existing programs.
The 2018-2019 Curriculum and Instruction Committee meeting times will be forthcoming in September.
To find current course information, click 2018-2019 Bulletin
Course & program proposals approved by the 2017-2018 Faculty Senate are as follows:
- October 2017 course proposals
- October 2017 program proposals
- November 2017 (no course or program proposals)
- December 2017 course proposals
- December 2017 program proposals
- January 2018 (no course or program proposals)
- February 2018 course proposals
- February 2018 program proposals
- March 2018 course proposals
- March 2018 program proposals
- April 2018 course proposals
- April 2018 program proposals
Archived Senate approved proposals