From the Chancellor
Instructions for Candidates
Rules of Conduct
Maps to Campus
Students with Disabilities
Cap and Gown Information
Parents and Guests Information
Hotels Near Campus
Frequently Asked Questions
- Possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- No flowers are to be worn or carried during the ceremony.
- No signs, messages, etc. on cap.
- No chewing of gum or candy.
- The use of electrical appliances such as irons and curling irons will NOT be allowed.
- Guests should arrive on campus at least 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony and be seated 15 minutes before the ceremony begins.
- Late arrivals may be asked to wait until the academic procession is finished (approximately 15 minutes) before they are seated.
- Handicapped-accessible guest seating is available on a first-come basis.
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate seating area.
- Guests are to remain seated during the entire ceremony.
- No strollers, car seats, or baby carriers of any kind will be allowed in the seating area.
- Balloons are not permitted in the seating area.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the seating area.
- Taking pictures and videotaping is allowed, but tripods and monopods are not permitted. Cameras must be battery operated and patrons must remain seated while taking photographs and videotaping.