- May 20 - 22 the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry will host the 43rd Silicon Symposium. Professor Janet Braddock-Wilking is the Symposium Organizer.
- Monday May 3, 2010. The 23rd Distinguished Alumni Lecture: 4:00 pm, 451 Benton Hall, Monday May 3. Barbara Willis Brown, Manager, Student & Special Services, College of Optometry. UM-St. Louis spoke on "Unintended Outcomes". The lecture was preceded by the student awards ceremony and followed by a reception. For details, click here.
- April 22, 2010. St. Louis Scientists Awards were presented at the Awards Dinner at the Chase Park Plaza. Hal Harris was named recipient of the 2010 Science Educator Award of the Academy of Science St. Louis. The award recognizes a distinguished individual or organization on the basis of outstanding contributions to science education or to the public understanding of science, engineering, or technology.
- Tuesday March 23, 2010. University of Missouri-St. Louis Chemistry Alumni Reception at the San Francisco ACS Meeting. 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Moscone Center, 250 West Mezzanine.
- March 13, 2010, Keith Stine received the St Louis SectionACS Distinguished Service Award. This award, established in 1993 by the Board of Directors, is intended to recognize distinguished service by a member of the Section through excellent contributions, outstanding leadership, and continuing service to the Section.
- March 13, 2010.A reception was held honoring the retirement of Lol Barton. A slide show of the event is available.
- March 8, 2010. The Thirteenth Annual Robert W. Murray Lecture was presented by Daniel G. Nocera, the Henry Dreyfus Professor of Energy and Professor of Chemistry at Massachusette Institute of Technology. Details are available here as is an abstract of the presentation.