How Do I..
Tuition and Fees
Tuition & Fee Rates
Course Fees & Rates
UMSL Online Fees
Parking & Metro
Guide to Paying Fees
Billing and Payment
View and Pay Online
Int'l Wire Transfer
Credit Card Refund
Federal Aid Refund
Drop or Withdrawal
Check Refund Status
NR Tax Offset Credit
Direct Deposit Form
Education Tax Credits
Missouri Debt Tax Offset
Student and Parent Resources
Managing Your Credit
Faculty and Staff Resources
Direct Deposit FAQ
NR Tax Offset Credit
Third Party Billing
1098T Tax Form FAQ
From Your Student Account To Your Bank Account.
The Cashiers Office at The University of Missouri - St. Louis has a convenient program for processing your refund. Through Direct Deposit, we can deposit your excess student account funds into the U.S. financial institution of your choice. It’s simple, safe and convenient.
To sign up:
- Log onto MyView and click the 'Self Service' link from the menu on the left.
- Next, click on the 'Student Center' link.
- From your Student Center, click the 'Manage Direct Deposit' link that is in the Finances section in the center of the page. Be sure that you have your internet browser set up to accept pop-ups from MyView.
- From the Manage Direct Deposit page, click the 'Manage Direct Deposit' button. The Direct Deposit Signup page will open in a new window.
- From here you can sign up, change or cancel your direct deposit.
- To save your information, click 'Update my Information'. Your information has been saved when the Thank You message appears.
You will be logged off of MyView at this point, so to go back to your Student Center, you will need to log back in.
How Do You Benefit From Direct Deposit?
- No lost or stolen checks or delay with the mail
- No running to the bank to deposit your funds and waiting for the check to clear
- No special arrangements or fear of not receiving your money because you’re not on campus, studying abroad, or not moved into your apartment yet
You’re in control
Questions and answers about Direct Deposit.
Q. If I have signed up for Direct Deposit in the past, do I need to sign up again for this semester?
A. You do not need to sign up for Direct Deposit each semester. If you have signed up for Direct Deposit in the past, your bank account information will still be in the system. You can verify or change your Direct Deposit account information in MyView by going to: Self Service > Campus Finances > Manage Direct Deposit
Q. When will my funds be available to me?
A. Refunds are processed daily for excess financial aid and other credit balances. Allow 3-5 business days from the day that your refund is processed to receive your refund in your bank account. Click here to find out how to check your refund status in MyView.
Q. Can my refund be deposited in the account of my choice?
A. Yes, you may choose any account for your direct deposit refund...checking, savings, parents.
Q. How will I know when my refund is posted to my bank account?
A. You will be notified by e-mail at your umsl.edu email address. Notification will include amount, bank name, checking/savings and date of deposit. You must confirm your deposit with your bank. The email is generally sent 24-48 hours prior to the deposit of funds. Do not write any checks using your credit balance until you confirm that the funds are available in your account. The University is not responsible for bank charges you may incur by writing checks on an unconfirmed deposit.
Q. What happens if I change banks?
A. You may UPDATE your direct deposit information any time through MyView.
Q. What happens if my refund is not accepted by my bank?
A. If a direct deposit is not accepted by your bank, the Cashier's Office will be notified and the reason for the rejection reviewed. If the reason for the rejection cannot be resolved, you will be notified.