How Do I..
Tuition and Fees
Tuition & Fee Rates
Course Fees & Rates
UMSL Online Fees
Parking & Metro
Guide to Paying Fees
Billing and Payment
View and Pay Online
Int'l Wire Transfer
Credit Card Refund
Federal Aid Refund
Drop or Withdrawal
Check Refund Status
NR Tax Offset Credit
Direct Deposit Form
Education Tax Credits
Missouri Debt Tax Offset
Student and Parent Resources
Managing Your Credit
Faculty and Staff Resources
Direct Deposit FAQ
NR Tax Offset Credit
Third Party Billing
1098T Tax Form FAQ
Direct deposit is set up online through the MyView system. Follow these steps to set up or manage your direct deposit information:
- Log-in to MyView at umsl.edu using your SSO ID and password. This is the same information you use to access MyGateway.
- Once logged into MyView, you will click on Student Center in the middle of the screen.
- On the following page, in the Finances box in the middle of the page, click Manage Direct Deposit. Your pop-up blocker must be turned off in order to allow the Direct Deposit set-up page to open.
- After you have read the direct deposit information, click the Manage Direct Deposit
- The Student Direct Deposit (shown below) will be displayed. Sign in with your SSO ID and password.
Students are required to use two-factor authentication when setting up Direct Deposit. You will be asked to choose the delivery method for your passcode.
Once you have received the code and gained access, the Refund Direct Deposit Signup page will pop up asking for your routing number and account number. Refer to the image below to determine how to locate these numbers on your personal check. If you do not have personal checks, you may need to contact your bank or financial institution to retrieve your account and routing number.
After you enter your information, you are asked to authorize the University to make a deposit into the account being set up. If you agree, check the box beside the statement and click the Update my information button.
Direct deposit funds typically deposit into your banking account 3-5 business days from the refund line item date on your MyView account. You will receive an e-mail from the University before your funds are deposited.
- Refunds from dropped courses and/or payments made by check or e-check will have a 14-day delay in the processing.
- If a credit card payment was made towards your student account in the past 120 days, any refund due to you will bypass your direct deposit setup and be returned to the credit card.
- Your direct deposit information does not expire.
- IF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION CHANGES, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATING THAT INFORMATION. If you do not do so, a transfer may be rejected by your bank and your refund will be significantly delayed.
For more information regarding Secure Authentication, please visit https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/is/infosec/secure_authentication_toolkit_faq