Students must meet the requirements listed below in order to be classified as a Resident for Fee Purposes:
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent in another state. Provide a copy of parent's Federal Income Tax form.
- Reside in Missouri continuously for the 12 months prior to the academic term for which residency is being requested. Provide a copy of lease or contract for proof of rent and dated paycheck stubs indicating employment. Provide paycheck stubs to cover time periods when not in class attendance.
- Have significant taxable earned income in Missouri during the 12 months prior to the academic term for which residency is requested. Provide a copy of dated paycheck stubs and/or W-2 and a letter from your employer (on company letterhead) verifying beginning date of current employment and hours worked per week. If you have filed a Missouri Tax form within the past 12 months, submit a copy.
- Have a valid Missouri Driver's License, a Missouri Voter Registration Card, and, if a car is registered in the student's name, proof of its registration in Missouri.
- Permanent Resident Alien Card (non-U.S. citizens only) must be presented to the Campus Residency Officer in person for verification.
Optometry Students at the University of Missouri - St. Louis seeking a change in residency status must present two additional documents
A written job offer from a licensed practicing Missouri optometrist or ophthalmologist for a position immediately following graduation and licensure.
Members of the Armed Forces: Missouri Revised Statues-Section 41.890. For the purposes of student resident status, military personnel, when stationed within the state under military orders, their spouses, and their unemancipated children under twenty-four years of age who enroll in a Missouri community college, Missouri college, or Missouri state University shall be regarded as holding Missouri resident status.
The decision of the Campus Residency Officer will not affect the University refund policy nor any other University fees unrelated to residency.
Because the burden of proof of Missouri residency lies with the student, it is important to answer fully all applicable questions and to provide as much supporting material as possible to the Campus Residency Officer at the following address:
Campus Residency Officer
University of Missouri - St. Louis
351 Millennium Student Center
One University Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63121-4400
Office: (314) 516-5719