UMSL Rankings and Honors
The University of Missouri–St. Louis ranks 9th nationally [and 1st in the Midwest] among all universities with 15 or fewer doctoral programs in the Academic Analytics Faculty Productivity Index. Among those ranking ahead of UMSL are Boston College, Georgetown University and Rutgers University. Five UMSL programs also are ranked among the top 20 nationally in the Academic Analytics Faculty Productivity Index: counselor education 4th, information systems 6th, criminology 15th, evolutionary biology 16th, and teaching and learning 17th. Many other departments have earned individual distinctions.
Criminology and Criminal Justice
International Business Program
- "The Journal of Criminal Justice" ranks UMSL’s Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice No. 2 in the United States for scholarly research.
- UMSL CCJ Department ranked #4 in the Nation according to the 2010 rankings by U.S. News and World Report.
College of Business Administration
- The International Business program was ranked 15th nationally by U.S. News & World Report in 2012,
- This is the tenth consecutive year that the UMSL International Business program has ranked among the top 20 nationally.
College of Nursing
- College of Business Administration at UMSL has dual AACSB’s accreditations putting it in the top 10 percent of all schools of business.
College of Optometry
- UMSL nursing graduates exceed a pass rate above 90 percent on state board. This surpasses Missouri and national averages.
Department of Biology
- UMSL optometry students earned a 98 percent pass rate for the three phases of the national licensure exam. The national average is 95 percent.
Department of Psychology
- The Evolutionary Biology group within the Department of Biology at UMSL ranked 16th in the nation.
Department of Philosophy
- Graduates of the doctoral program in clinical psychology score in the top 15 percent on the national licensure exam.
UMSL’s Community Impact
- The 2009 Philosophical Gourmet Report ranked UMSL's master's degree program in philosophy 8th best in the United States for terminal master's degree programs.
- UMSL is ranked 14th nationally in a survey of "Best College and University Civic Partnerships." The survey measures economic, social and cultural impact on metro regions.
- In 2010, The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching announced that the University of Missouri-St. Louis was one of 115 institutions in the country and one of only four in Missouri classified as a Community Engaged Campus.